
Okay, so we were excited, so we thought our flight was at 11pm, well 11pm and 11.55pm isn’t that far off right? *oops* With so much time on hand, we checked out all the stores in the transit area and even had time for a cuppa at Wang Cafe and some butter-sugar toast. *yum*
08/01/08 (Tue) 2355hrs - Flight from Changi Airport to Frankfurt Airport
09/01/08 (Wed) 1300hrs - Arrive at Frankfurt Airport (0600hrs local time)
09/01/08 (Wed) 1500hrs - Board the transition flight to New York JFK Airport
10/01/08 (Thu) 0000hrs - Finally arrive at New York JFK Airport (1100hrs local time 9 Jan)
*phew*... it's a 24hrs journey just to reach Orlando.
But the good news is, during the transition from Frankfurt to New York, I manage to upgrade myself to the first class suite.... Didn't manage to sleep much during the 1st leg, so cramp in my seat. So the first class suite was a huge relief for me.....
and my wife to Business class.....
Okay... maybe I should have taken the photo before I started eating... hey... I know my priorities man... when food is available.... 8P Frankly speaking, I love Airplane food and I'll usually polish off everything on my tray... as you can see from the photo... *yum*

Compared to JFK, which was quite 'boring', Orlando Airport (MCO) appeared more vibrant and lively. There's even a Hotel right smack in the airport itself.Lots of people here for holidays even though it's not the peak... can't imagine what's it like during peak season...
Anyway.... you have to pay USD3 to rent an airport trolley here... *phew* and we always take it for granted at Changi Airport.....

Collected my rental car... which is a Ford Focus and proceeded to travel to my nest for the next 7 days in Orlando.... driving here in U.S. wasn't that difficult, though I had to consciously remind myself to do the exact opposite..... keep right instead of keep left... *phew*


Took us just 30mins to reach our hotel Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista and here's a view of our room. Not a bad hotel, located at Palm Pkwy. Mins from Disneyland Downtown and the rest of the theme parks. The rooms are very cosy and comes with a living room with a long sofa, a kitchenette complete with a huge fridge, micro-wave oven, washing machine, stove and coffee maker!!! The bed room is pretty big, with 2 queen sized beds. Attached bathroom with a bath tub and shower facilities in one.We went to a nearby Chinese Restaurant: China 3 and ordered Wanton Soup, General Tso's Chicken and Brinja cooked with Chilli & Garlic. Both dishes came with rice and the portions were GIGANTIC!!! Okay... as you can see... taking photos of food before eating them is *not* high on my priority list..... so too bad... no photos!!! ha ha
The lady who served us was amazed we managed to finish the food... okay almost... we left a bit of the brinja, and only because I felt they tasted a tad bit sour for my liking. The rice was really piled like a mountain in a bowl slightly bigger then what we'll normally have back in Singapore.*burp* nice feast..... we walked over to the nearby supermart and look around... Gosh... Ben & Jerry's pint sells for USD3.39!!! That's less then S$5!!! hmmmmm
That's all for now... must quickly get used to the jetlag (as you can guess... I'm blogging at 0200hrs in Orlando). *yawnz* Stay tune!!!

2 comments:
pictures shouldn't show just the empty plates! :p
hee hee.... told you I got my priorities right. Eat comes before taking photo... isn't it? la la la
Post a Comment